I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate. The psychiatrist was trying to kill me.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Schizophrenia

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Antipsychotic never cause schizophrenia Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would again help you in this query. As i have already told you, antipsychotic like fluphenazine never cause schizophrenia. Diagnosis depends upon psychiatrist observation on basis of patient's sign and symptoms. Same thing is in your case. May be in your case, psychiatrist would have miss- diagnosed you, but that was in past. You say "psychiatrist was trying to killing you" that may be part of your illness. Just think about future rather than past. In case, you need any opinion about current medication, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 6 hours later
I went to hospital because my mind was closing up. I would open my mouth to say something and the words would be gone out of my head and I could only say 2 words.So I was misdiagnosed and overdoesed on fluphenizine deconate?

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Misdiagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi Look while making diagnosis, psychiatrist use their observation. May be that time due to some reason, he might have thought that you have underline psychosis due to which he prescribed you fluphenazine deconate, but remember a doctor never does such thing intentionally. Sometime it happens that patients get misdiagnosis, but in such case, error happens due to multiple reason like incomplete history from patient or family member, multiple symptoms at a time, patient in cooperativeness etc. Now it is difficult to judge what was the reason in your case, but best is forget about past. No one can change it. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 22 minutes later
This psychiatrist has overdosed other patients of his. I am thinking of suing him. These people he has overdosed are my friends. That doc did not see me when he prescribed that med. He told the nurses to ask me if I would accept that medicine. Well that is totally insane. What do I know about psychiatrict meds!!!! This psychiatrist lost his license for 2 years already. He is known for over dosing & living at a patient's house. That is not cool.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can XXXXXXX him Detailed Answer: Hi If he had given medication without seeing you, that is not right way to treat patient. You can XXXXXXX him, but for that, you need previous treatment record which is very difficult to get. You can discuss all these thing with your lawyer. It would be difficult to prove him wrong after so many years. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 14 minutes later
I have a friend who says that she was in hospital for 4 months but she has been in hospital for 6 months and she has lost her voice from being misdiagnosed and over diagnosed. I have another friend that was so overdosed that she fell flat on her face. I have a copy of my hospital medical records. I paid $108. for that hospital record. I had to get an ok from my General Physician and also from the psychiatrist. Part in that record it states that I was an unwilling patient but that is incorrect cause I knew I had to be in hospital cause my brain was shutting down. Just because the cops took me in. but I know I went willingly. I remember while the cops were taking me to hospital I remember telling myself to phone my friend XXXXXXX cause no one would know to where I had disappeared.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Misdiagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi If you have hospital records, that is good, but on basis of previous records you have to fight hard. What ever he had written in treatment records, that would go against you. Has he mentioned any psychotic symptoms like hallucination, delusion, self muttering, self smiling, self talking or decreased self care? All these are towards psychosis. Just try to find out the reason for hospitalization or treatment. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 45 minutes later
I am thinking of taking my 2 friends with me and have them prepared to XXXXXXX him as well. Out of the $108. I paid $50. for a person from Medical Records to explain the records to me and the medical lingo. I disrobed but the doctors records did not photocopy clear enough to read. That psychiatrist screwed me. I think he did it on purpose so I couldn't XXXXXXX him. How terribly embarassing to be walking around naked. Thank God I don't remember it.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Medical negligence Detailed Answer: Hi You can go the way you want. You can take help of your friends and other people, but plan everything cautiously. If you file a case against him, then it would be a case of medical negligence. You need every detail about the treatment records with opinion of experts on your case, but as i already told you, now after so many years, it would be difficult to prove him wrong. On basis of case history, which happened in 1994, i don't think any psychiatrist would able to change diagnosis. I could only say that you are a case of schizophrenia currently in remission, means do not have any current symptoms. Whether you need treatment or not, that depends upon current mental condition. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 28 minutes later
Not 1994. I was prescribed the fluphenizine deconate in September 2004 and was hospitalized in January 2005 when I could not speak. My memory was going in December 2004 cause a friend had mentioned to me the Indonesian tsunami that was on December 26th, 2004 and I could not remember any of it. I went to computer to read about hoping to release in my memory about the tsunami and to this day I cannot remember the tsunami. I had a friend come to visit me in hospital in January to March 2005 and it was 2pm and she told me I still had my nightie on and a nurse brought me some toast and jam and my friend said that I began spreading the jam on my hand.My friends told me that a number of times they came to visit me and they would not be allowed in to see me. I lost 30 pounds during that stay in hospital. I dont know if I missed meals or didnt snack. I dont know.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Memory problem Detailed Answer: Hi Sorry for wrong year. As i have already told you, psychiatrists make diagnosis on basis of observation. On basis of some odd behavior, like you mention " you were spreading jam on your friends hand" , psychiatrist would have kept possibility of psychosis and antipsychotic had been started. During psychotic episode, patients do not remember the incidence happens during episode as in your case. If you were in any mental illness, then during that period what ever would have happened, it would be difficult to recall. That may be due to underline illness at that time or due to sedative effect of drugs, but the main things is "could anyone change the past or diagnosis??" In that case, my answer is no. What ever has happened, is now past, so just think about it and discuss with your friends. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 2 days later
The jam that I was given, my friend said that I was spreading it on my hand. Is that a psychotic incident? During the final month I was in hospital my sister decided to come to my home for which I paid rent and she took all the dishes out of the cupboard and put them in boxes and placed new shelf liners. She also changed systems in the cupboard. When I got home from hospital I was missing somethings that were not in the cupboard and change back to the former system. The former shelf lining was ok with me and she did not need to do what she did. It really messed me up when I got home and saw what she had done. I also could not locate my Bible and 2 of my favorite wrist watches. Also on one of the 2 times I was admitted to psyche hospital here, the admitting nurse asked me if I had been sodomized. What has that got to do with anything?

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 5 hours later
Brief Answer: May be part of psychotic episode Detailed Answer: HI A normal person would not spread jam over anyone's hand without any reason. If you did it, that may be part of psychotic episode. On basis of just one incidence, psychiatrists never label a patient psychotic. If anyone has such kind of symptoms for prolong period, only then psychiatrist would think about psychosis. What ever your sister did at your home in your absence, that was her thinking. May be she wanted to help you by cleaning your home and threw useless stuff. That was her presence of mind, but now there is no need to waste your time on these thoughts. Whatever nurse asked in hospital, was part of examination. During examination, doctor and nurse ask about sexual contact to rule out any underline infection or to check sexual orientation. It is not related to your illness, but it is protocol which most of psychiatric hospitals follow. In case, you have more query you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 24 minutes later
The glass pie plate and glass loaf pan and my 2 wrist watches and my Bible all were in excellent condition. But she got rid of other kitchen things of mine in another location. I trusted my sister to look after them while I got established in Vancouver, British Columbia and when I came to get my things everything was gone. I knew within myself if I asked she would lie to me. That is my sister. She takes my best things and things that I had purchased on trips to Europe.I was afraid I would get very mad at her so I stopped myself about asking. If I say my opinion and it is against her she, my sister calls on her husband, and he agrees with her and supports her and they threaten to take me to the psyche ward. It is a trick they do to me.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Just read this Detailed Answer: Hi Everyone has attachment with their stuffs, same you have for yours, but in that case, you can not say that your sister can not touch your stuff. What ever she had done, that was her decision. You say that your accessories were in good condition, may be according to her that would have been in bad condition. That was her judgement according to the situation. If you have trust on her, then respect her judgement and decision she had taken that time. As a partner, her husband would take her side, there is nothing wrong in it. If you are thinking, they are playing trick with you, that is wrong. That may be their method to control your anger. I am not agree with their threatening behavior, but i am also not fully agree with you. Just try to understand the situation. What would have you done if you were at your sister's place? It is easy to put blame on other, but difficult to find out our own mistake. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 23 minutes later
Look there was nothing wrong with my glass pie plate. I had only used it one time and there were no cracks in it as well as the glass loaf pan. My sister had no right to go into my things. I trusted her but she was the one that abused me when I was little and abuse never ends it seems with her. I dont show any anger around her. I usually leave the area where they are. How would you like to be sitting in the same room and have your sister go thru an entire box of my clothing without my permission. She took stuff that she decided to take without my permission. She treats me like I am invisible. I hate to see my sister on judgement day. She has lots to answer for.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Read this Detailed Answer: Hi I appreciate your grudges towards your sister, but this would make the condition worse. With such kind of feeling, you would not able to maintain and stabilize your relationship with your sister. Whatever she did on that day, no one can not change. Why are you thinking all this stuff after so many years?. The things or clothes which she had taken, now would not come back. It would be better if you just forget the past. More you would think all these things, more anger and frustration would increase. It is the time to come out of past rather than stay in it. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist

Follow-up: I had schizophrenia induced by taking fluphenizine deconate 15 minutes later
I have to be very cautious around my sister that is 9 years older than I am. She is not trustworthy. I want to be able to trust her but I have to keep reminding myself that she cannot be trusted.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks Detailed Answer: HI If you want to maintain a distance from your sister, that is your personal matter. I would not interfere in it. Try to maintain the peace and no need to keep grudges against her. Trust, which she has lost, would take time to rebuilt, but do not do anything that could harm your relation with her. You may please close this discussion here and write a review, if time permits. Thank you! Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist