I had my period from 17th to 21st of July. When would i ovulate again?

I had my period on the 17th til the 21st of July. When would i ovulate again? How is this worked out? Thanks
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 32 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The event of release of mature ovum for fertilization(start of pregnancy) is called ovulation.
The date of ovulation is important for planning a pregnancy and can be fairly guessed by the length of the menstrual cycle.
If you have a 29days cycle then ovulation will occur exactly in the middle of month.
After the day of ovulation exactly 14days later the menses occurs.
So if you average cycle is of 34 days then your ovulation day would be 34-14=20th day in your cycle.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!