I had hip surgery almost 3 weeks ago. My incision

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2016
Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Question
I had hip surgery almost 3 weeks ago. My incision is red and draining at the very bottom. I’ve been feeling pretty well up until the last couple of days. I’m very light headed with movement, I feel lopsided like I’m going to fall to the left which is the hip operated on and sometimes I feel like I’m just falling forward. My b/p is normal but I do take medication for it. My temp is sub normal ay 96.3. I slept almost all day yesterday without any medication. I woke up this morning and my pillow was as wet as if someone poured a glass of water on it. I almost feel like I’m going into shock although I don’t really know what that feels like. My surgeon is an hour away but do have a local small town er. Just thinking about waiting it out to see what comes of it but would like some options of what could be causing all this.
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As discussed below

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted an elucidate history and understood your concerns.
The causes I can think of for causing the light headedness with movement, feeling lopsided and going into shock can be:
Since the incision is red and draining fluid, a possibility of an infection has to be considered, to be shown to the operating surgeon so that further tests of the fluid and blood and as required can be taken and treated properly by prescription medicines as needed should help you.
Sometimes the blood pressure medications can lower BP and give similar symptoms.
Chances of flu like infection too can cause similar symptoms.
Hence it is better to be seen by the Doctor and/or your operating surgeon will help knowing the proper diagnosis as you have been operated recently with the wound problems.
Please see a Doctor as soon as possible and please give me feedback.