I had a severe muscle pain on my left side

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I had a severe muscle pain on my left side at and below my belt level. At the worst I could hardly walk to the bathroom but ThermaCare heatwraps effectively reduce the pain. I have no nausea or urination pain.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscle spasm.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomentation at the site. Have rest.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles.
You should try local pain killer sprays. It does not seem much serious issue but pain should be controlled. There are good medicines which can be used for this purpose, your clinician would know a suitable match for you after examination

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal