I had a bad ingrown hair. I created a hard

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I had a bad ingrown hair. I created a hard lump I stabilized it an lanced it. it drained for 2 days the started to heal. it in a bad spot right where my belt from pants hits. yesterday was a week later and it was red again so I put pressure on it an it bled a lot then stopped and again this morning. it is pretty flat now but I noticed the center is a blackish color. infected? or just healing?
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use a triple antibiotic ointment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.

It seems infected. The blackish thing is perhaps dried blood mixed with discharge - dried crust. I suggest you to use a triple antibiotic ointment e.g Neosporin ointment, twice daily for a week.

Follow-up: I had a bad ingrown hair. I created a hard 19 minutes later
Ok thank you... I also noticed I have a few pimples on body as well nothing serious just seems like acne. do you think it a coinseccden or something weird

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use benzoyl peroxide gel

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I think they are unrelated to this sore. You may use topical benzoyl peroxide 2.5%gel, twice daily, for the acne.