Ask a Urologist   »  

I had a abnormal prostrate biopsy result.what does that mean?i

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I had a abnormal prostrate biopsy result.what does that mean?i had a free psa test with a score of 24.i am scheduled to see urologist on Tuesday.i do have an enlarged prostrate.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You seem to have Cancer of Prostate .

Detailed Answer:
Hllo
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted abnormal prostate biopsy is a very vague term that has been posted by you ,

Raised serum PSA of 24.1 ng is strongly suggestive of Cancer of Prostate

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Upload complete report in its original form to know the Gleson's Score .
2) Do you have obstructive voiding symptoms ?

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) C T Scan or M R I

Further tests and treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.