I get a feeling of lightheadedness and my pulse spikes

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
I get a feeling of lightheadedness and my pulse spikes (125+ as measured by a vivofit) after walking four flights of stairs or modest yard work (mowing/sawing, less than 15 minutes). The pulse goes down, but the lightheadedness lasts for hours. Heart has been checked multiple times, no issues found.
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you i understanfd your concern for your health and i would like to tell you that a heart of 125 bpm is quite on the higher side.

Considering your age group and the symptoms of lightheadedness along with tachycardia its advisable to get following tests done to rule out any underlying pathology.

1. Complete blood count
2. Kidney function Test
3. Thyroid function test
4. Lipid profile
5. Serum electrolyte(Electrolyte Derangement are know to cause lightheadedness)
6. Holter monitoring (this is important to find out if any transient arrythmia is happening).

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Follow-up: I get a feeling of lightheadedness and my pulse spikes 40 hours later
I will schedule 1-5 in the next week.

FYI: Yesterday and today mild workouts result in no lightheadedness but surge and then plunge in pulse rate. 130 at peak of exertion, 42 45 minutes later. Both times light pressing sensation upper center of chest (top of breastbone).

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Having such big variations in heart rate is not normal. That's the reason why I want you to get a Holter monitoring done so that we can catch any rhythm abnormality going on transiently.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap