I fell landed on my head and now my chest hurts. What should I do?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I fell landed on my head and now my chest hurts
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ivan Romic 46 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
In most cases this isnt serious but if you had lost of conciousness, feeling dizzy, nausea and vomiting or tingling in hands and neck you shoud go to hospital for check up.
If you hit your chest this also shouldnt cause any problems ,but if you experience any breathing difficulties or pain progress you need to do chest xray because rib fracture may be seen. If you didnt hit your chest when fell then this pain might be sign of angina pectoris and heart issue which is provocated by this fall and stress.In this case go to hospital as soon as you can.
If there are no difficulties I ve mentioned, then just rest at home, breath deeply and take stadard pain killers.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help