I believed I have an Impacted bowel. Pain like I

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I believed I have an Impacted bowel. Pain like I have to go to the bathroom but am unable to get bowel out. Seems like it is too large. I tried a fleet enema which did nothing.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Well, stool impaction is primarily treated with changing dietary habits... You need to increase fiber intake. Good fiber sources include XXXXXXX and other whole grains found in cereals, pieces of bread, and brown rice, vegetables such as brussels sprouts, carrots, and asparagus, Fresh fruits, or dried fruits such as raisins, apricots, and prunes Beans. Also, you should exercise regularly. Moving your body will keep your bowels moving, too.

Second, you may at times need to try a laxative such as Fleet Phospho-Soda, Milk of Magnesia, or glycerin suppositories. If there won't be any improvement on these measures, you should consider doing diagnostic tests such as colonoscopy, anal sphincter manometry, and food allergy testing.

In some cases, it may be also signs of tumors so it should be ruled out if symptoms persist.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions you can contact us at every time.

Kindly regards.
Wish you a good health.