I been taking the ketoconazole pills for two weeks and

Question
I been taking the ketoconazole pills for two weeks and the pepsid for 3 weeks wen i went to the er they gave me pepsid pills and told me to eat a low residue diet
My question is cuz i been kinda constipated maybe from the same pill or the low residue diet so inwanted to know can i eat sometjing outside the low residue diet like cramberry juice if it dosent hurt ?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cranberry juice can be had

Detailed Answer:

It looks like I can get to see your question completely here. Transferred the contents of your question from the previous one.
Yes you can have cranberry juice for the problem you have inspite of the low residue diet you were trying.
Still I was puzzled why was the ketoconazole (anti fungal) pills given to you. Ketoconazole would upset the stomach further.

Follow-up: I been taking the ketoconazole pills for two weeks and 8 minutes later
Becuse he believes i have an infection a bscterial infection in my stomach and thsts y it hurts

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Ketoconazole is not for bacteria

Detailed Answer:
As I said earlier Ketoconazole is not for bacteria it is an antifungal. It has good amount of side effects. So once the course is done you would get back the normal digestion. YOu may want to add some oral probiotics after that to restore the lost digestive bacteria which are useful.

Follow-up: I been taking the ketoconazole pills for two weeks and 35 minutes later
He thinks i have candida thats y ok i will

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ketoconazole for candida is right

Detailed Answer:
So it might be ketoconazole for candida that is an issue right now. COmplete the course and start probiotics later.
If you do not have any more queries please close our discussion and rate it.