I am under weight training. Is it safe to take nutritional supplements?

Sep 2012

Hello Doc,

I am into weight training for last about 1 year and I have started taking nutritional supplements. I tried XXXXXXX to ensure that I take only good supplements by consulting with friends but never consulted a nutritionist.
So, I want to know in detail what kind of supplements I can take to improve my performance. Is the supplements safe which I am consuming?

Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Firstly in weight training, the most important supplement is protein. I am giving you a detail of the supplements you can take.

1. Whey protein - it is very much important for building muscles. Take only whey protein when you do not want to gain mass. If you want to gain mass, take the whey along with oats and olive oil.

2. Fish oil containing omega 3 fatty acids- it is the most important supplement for lowering fats of body, lowering cholesterol level, lowering soreness, lowering inflammation, etc.

3. Multivitamin medicines containing zinc and other micronutrients.

If you are having supplements containing the above mentioned nutrients then it is safe. But if you are taking some marketed products with steroids or other drugs it may not be very safe. Please remember that you don't ever take any kind of steroids. It is harmful to your body.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more queries.