Ask a Urologist   »  

I am uncircumcised. Noticed red patches of rougher skin on inner foreskin. What it could be and cure?

I am 21 yr old male that is uncircumcised and last week I noticed a raised patch of rougher skin on my inner foreskin. The area is only visible when I retract my foreskin there is no pain or any irritation it is rough to the touch. I am beginning to get a little worried because I have no idea what it could be.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX I understand your worry.
It could be a fixed drug allergy,viral warts or due to long term irritation.
It does not look like active infection or cancer.
If you are on any medicine for any other condition, observe if it disappears after stopping the one.
If still present, u have the following options.
1.     Getting circumcised and send the whole thing for examination under the microscope.
2.     Using liquid nitrogen to destroy it and follow-up ( available with the dermatologist)

Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back for doubts if any.