I am unable to inhale properly and having headache. What treatment should be done?

ENT Specialist
Question
YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTION THE OTHER DAY ABOUT MY THROAT, MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT IT TAKES AWHILE FOR THE THROAT TO HEAL,HOW ABOUT THE REMOVAL OF SCAR TISSUE, IT FEELS LIKE I'M ONLY GETTING 70% OF MY AIR AND ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M WORKING OUT, I'M XXXXXXX ACTIVE OUTDOOR GUY SO THIS REALLY WORRIES ME. I ALSO HAVE HEADACHES.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 49 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. You need a get a videolaryngoscopy done.

2. If this is a recent injury and you feel that you are getting only 70% air, it may only be edema (swelling) in the throat and larynx. In that case the treatment will be medical, including, at times, a short course of steroids. Scar tissue takes many weeks to develop and,may not be an issue at present. The images of your throat and larynx are extremely important to decide the further course of action. How is your voice?

3. As you get breathless only during exercise, the blockage should be minimal.

4. You may share an endoscopic video of your throat and larynx for further advice.

5. Have your headaches started after this episode or are they pre-existing? They may be due to any medication that you may be taking at present.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: I am unable to inhale properly and having headache. What treatment should be done? 37 minutes later
MY VOICE IS NOT GOOD, I HAVE BEEN ON VOICE REST, IT CRACKS AND IS MUCH LOWER AND ITS A STRAIN TO TALK
ALSO MY HAVE STARTED ABOUT A WEEK AGO, I AM 1 MONTH INTO THIS CONDITION

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 12 hours later

Thank you for your writing back.

1. You need a get a videolaryngoscopy done to inspect the vocal cord and larynx in detail.

2. If this has happened a month ago, there will be more of edema and granulation tissue rather than scar tissue yet. this will respond to medication such as anti-inflammatory and steroids.

3. You must act quickly to avoid the scar tissue from setting in.

Regards.