Ask a Urologist   »  

I am unable to control the urge to urinate. How to cure this?

Question
I ama 47 year ols female and im urinating all the time i pee my pants all the time the sensation to urnate causes me to pee right then no matter im at HELP D
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 49 minutes later
Hello
The symptom that you have is called urge incontinence. One cannot control the urge to urinate. This is a common problem in women. Normally its a neurological cause. But some it may occur due to UTI, bladder prolapse etc. I suggest you get get examined by a doctor to rule out any anatomical pathology.If its normal then medication can help you control the symptoms.

Follow-up: I am unable to control the urge to urinate. How to cure this? 15 hours later
what r these things neurological cause, bladder prolapse, and anatomicsl pathology

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Almost all functions of the body are controlled by nerves. If there is dysfunction of the nerves in the bladder,the that may cause urination problems. Anatomical problems like bladder prolapse occur due to lax tissue and also cause similar symtoms. Your doctor can examine you and determine the cause.

Follow-up: I am unable to control the urge to urinate. How to cure this? 6 hours later
what kind of dr do i need to go see

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 hours later
An uro-gynaecologist would be best.If not,then a gynaecologist should be able to help.