I am taking contraceptive pill. Can I go for TVS test right now?

Question
I am taking contraceptive pill whether I can go for TVS test right now? If no, then please tell me when I could for TVS test?
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 29 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
It does not matter whether you are taking contraceptive pills or not, you can go for trans vaginal scan at any time.
Trans vaginal scan would be done to detect whether scar area of uterus( from where right tube was removed) has been healed properly or not.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.

Dr.Monika

Follow-up: I am taking contraceptive pill. Can I go for TVS test right now? 1 hour later
I had an ectopic pregnancy 9 months back and my right f. tube has removed, now I want to concieve. I want to know when I can conceive and what tests is needed for better concieving?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 9 hours later
Welcome back.
If your TVS scan comes normal, you can plan for conception.
There is no need of extra test for better conception, first stop your contraceptive pills & have intercourse on 11, 13, 15, 17, 19th day of your cycle for good outcome.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, then please close the discussion by rating it.
Dr.Monika choudhary

Follow-up: I am taking contraceptive pill. Can I go for TVS test right now? 8 days later
I have done TVS test.
Results:
Uterus is anteverted and anteflexed, and is normal in size, measuring 7.2 x 4.2 x 3.3cm. No focal lesion seen. Endometrial thickness measures 12.4mm.
Both ovaries appears slightly bulky with multiple peripherally arranged small follicles[4-5mm]? PCOD.
Right ovary measures 3.6 x 2.9 x 1.6 cms = 8.9 cc.
Left ovary measures 3.1 x 2.4 x 1.9 cms = 7.5 cc.
Minimal free fluid seen in POD.
Advise: Clinical correlation.
----------------------------------
Now what I have to do? Is everything ok or not?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 25 hours later
Hi XXXXXX
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Sorry for myself being late in replying due to a technical snag!
The findings of the TVS test are in favour of PCOS and at this cycle the conditions are not favorable for pregnancy, the follicular size is quite dismal.
I think you should start the ovulation inducing treatment like clomiphene from the 2nd day of next cycle in the supervision of your gynecologist and get the follicular studies to see the progress.
With the response to treatment you gynecologist would be in a better position to decide about the next step.
If the response still remains sub-optimal then you may need to manage the PCOD first but this all would depend on the response to ovulation inducers treatment.
Wish you a great health!