I am taking Zestril but it is not working. Can I supplement this with Lasix tablets?

I am taking 30mg/day of zestril but it is not working. can i supplement this with lasix tablets?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
I presume that you are taking Zestril for hypertension. Lasix is not an anti hypertensive. If your blood pressure is not properly controlled then you need to consult your physician for adding other suitable options and revising your dosage schedule.
If you are taking Zestril for congestive heart failure then adding lasix might cause a fluid and electrolyte imbalance in your body. Do not self medicate yourself. It could be XXXXXXX
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.