I am taking Lipril and i do not have erection. What should I take instead? How can erection be restored?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am taking Lipril 5mg and i do not have erection. What should i take instead? How can erection be restored?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later

Lipril alone is not usually associated with loss of erection. It can happen due to other antihypertensive drugs like atenolol.

Diabetes, if uncontrolled, can cause a peripheral neuropathy leading to erection problems.

Erectile function is affected by multiple factors - both organic and psychological. A urologist is an ideal person who can investigate for organic causes. You may need a battery of tests - blood test, ultrasound scans, doppler study, neurological assessment, etc to identify the cause.

If no organic causes are found, perhaps lifestyle modifications will be necessary. Anxiety is found as the cause most often. De-stressing measures like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.

I encourage you to get yourself completely evaluated by your urologist for diagnosis and further treatment.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.