I am stressed and not getting proper sleep. Suggest some medication

Dear Sir, Kindly suggest me a medicine which can be taken sometimesif i am stresssed and not getting good sleep. My friends suggested me to take Alzolam .25. But i found that it has many side effects through Net. Which medicine can be taken without any side effect?
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 45 minutes later
Most medicines do have some sort of side effects even if you dont know about it. Especially the sedatives like alprazolam. But occasional dose of Alprazolam 0.25 mg at night wont have any long term side effects. You can also take Zolfresh 1 tab at bedtime.But please know that although an occasional dose may not have long term side effects,regular use of sedatives/anxiolytics etc do have side effects.No drug is without side effects.