I am smoker. Feeling like punched and bruise between shoulder blades. What to do?

I am a smoker and am afraid I have something serious. My back feels bruised and between my shoulder blades, to the left side, I feel like I was punched. It also feels like there is a tight knot on left, also. I am not sure what to do, and am so scared I have not smoked today. I am alsomworried about finances and would like to know the most direct thing I can do to discover if there is a major problem.
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
Stopping smoking for a day is not going to bring a great news!
You should continue without smoking from now onwards to make a sense.
The symptoms you have, may be due to cancer or something else or might be just related to your concern of cancer fear and anxiety.
The most straight forward thing would be to get examined by a physician and get a Chest Xray done to get the simplest and quite efficient input for a meagre price.
And plan the further things accordingly.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.