I am smoker. Feeling fatigued, depressed and fever. Which medicine should I take?

Question
DEAR SIR, I AM DRINKING TWO BEERS DAILY AT NIGHT, AND I AM IN WORKING DAY MORNING TO NIGHT I HAVE 15 PACKETS OF CHEWING OF TOBACCO, MY PROBLME IS FEVER AND FATIGUR SINCE 15 DAYS
I AM DIPPRESSED IN FATIGUE, I AM ILL HEALTHY AND IN ONE TIME SCANNING REPORT SHOWS FATTY LIVER, AND RECENTLY MY DOCTOR SHALL IT IS VIREL FEVER AND YOU HAVE TAKE TABLTES REGULAR COURSE TABLET NAME IS DOLLAPHER 650 MG AND FORMEC ANTIBIOTEC TABLME
IN EMPTY STOMACH FEELING GIDDINESS AND FATIGUE ACCURED
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 hours later
Hi

Fatty liver is a common form of liver disease. It can be caused by diet (high intake of high calorie, high carbohydrate foods, it tends to be seen in people who have a resistance to insulin), alcohol.There are other causes but these two are the most common causes.One of the symptoms of the fatty liver is fatigue.
The use of the beers at night and any other alcohol may have caused it, if there is a history of any weight problems it may also have caused the fatty liver.Treatment depends on the cause , if is due to alcohol intake, reducing the amount of alcohol used would help the liver, if it is related to excess weight then weight loss and exercise would help.

If you do have a viral illness as your doctor believes then it would cause some of the fatigue that you are experiencing as well.

In addition to the fatty liver and viral illness causing fatigue, depression is also associated with fatigue.To be said to be depressed you will need to have at least 5 of the following symptoms: depressed feeling most of the time or loss of interest in activities
(2) fatigue
(3)feeling of guilt
(4) loss of appetite or some persons start eating too much
(5) difficulty sleeping
(6)feeling worthless
(7) difficulty concentrating
(8) suicidal thoughts

If you have five of those then a doctor would consider you to be medically depressed. You may want to consider speaking to your doctor about how you feel and possibly a psychiatristt.
Depression is a very common problem, one of every 3 persons seen at a doctor's office may be depressed but alot of persons do not wish to admit it.
Depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain (too little of a chemical called serotonin) , the same way that diabetes is due to too much sugar in the blood and high blood pressure is related to too much salt.
There is medication available to correct this chemical imbalance, if necessary.

The viral illness will likely resolve, the fatty liver , if in early stages, may improve if there is a change in lifestyle.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions