I am pregnant, have lumps within armpit. Cause?

Question
What can cause lumps XXXXXXX within armpit? I am 28 weeks pregnant
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Lymph nodes are present in both armpits but these are not palpable normally. Whenever these increase in size due to any reason, becomes palpable. For confirmation examination is required. Thus please ask your Gynecologist or consult a general Surgeon for examination, investigations (if required), diagnosis and treatment.
Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.
Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.
If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: I am pregnant, have lumps within armpit. Cause? 35 minutes later
Could this be breast cancer? I am 27 years old and it's a smallish lump which sometimes moves around ... I am getting worried it is serious. Also both breasts are leaking clear to milky fluid ... Could this be linked ?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 33 minutes later
Welcome again,
First it is to be confirmed that lumps are enlarged lymph nodes or something else. To rule out any abnormality, your breasts also require examination. Rarely it can be extra breast tissue present in your armpit, which is responding to hormones secreted during last trimester of pregnancy. Lymph nodes can become enlarge due to presence of infection also. Thus, please don't think about any bad cause, get your self examined first.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma