I am pre-op female to male transexual. On testosterone injections. Suffering from severe bladder infection. Concerned

I ama 23 year old pre op female to male transsecual. Have been on testosterone injectios for nearly 3 years. These are to be given between 10-12 weeks apart however after 9 weeks i get cramps like period pain so usually have my injectio n close to 10 weeks.
I have recently begun getting these cramps when i am sexually aroused and after orgasm. I nolonger menstruate.
I also suffer from severe bladder infections frequently as if my bladder cannot empty properly and urine goes stale. I also have an extremely low hanging vulva which 'dropped" when i was around 13, all of which leads to to feel there is something wrong with my gender internally. I was born at 28 weeks but nothing has really been checked.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharaman 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

The symptoms that you have seem to be related to either a pelvic inflammatory disease. Please get urine cultures and routine microscopy of urine. These infections are more likely because the testosterone produces a drying effect on the female urogenital mucosa and increases the risk of infections.

Also get a pelvic exam by a gynecologist with an ultrasound of the pelvis; this will also establish if you have female XXXXXXX genitalia.

Kindly share the details of your previous evaluation and any reports so that I can better advice you.