I am post menopausal. Getting clear liquid from vagina

I am post menopausal. I have had a clear liquid leaking from my vagina since last night.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Discharge is mostly seen in infestations. Detailed Answer: Hi, if I were your treating Doctor for this case of clear liquid leaking from vagina in a post menopausal women, I would come up with these possibilities, these include: 1. A certain amount of vaginal discharge is normal, but an increase in the amount of vaginal discharge, an abnormal odor or consistency of the fluid, or pain, itching, or burning that accompanies vaginal discharge can all be signs of infection or other more serious disorders. 2. Some benign bacterial infection like bacterial vaginosis have been implicated in most of the vaginal discharge, I see in clinics, which just requires a thorough anti bacterial regimen to cure the problem. 3. The least possibility is maybe it is due to some lesion in the genital tract, maybe its vagina or high above like uterus or cervix, for which you require a ultrasonography scan , a PAP smear examination is also must for a post menopausal women. I suggest you to consult a gynecologist and get an ultrasound lower abdomen, a Pap smear, some blood values, to rule out any other lesions, and get a antibacterial regimen to be started. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS