I am planning to concieve. Taking folvite tablets. Started getting cold. Is this caused due to medicine?

Hi, I am planning to concieve. I am taking Folvite tablets as prescribed by my gynaec. But I am getting cough after I started using the same. Is this my misinterpretation? Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
Folvite does not cause cough, probably it's just a coincidence that you had it simultaneously with this treatment.
Folvite is helpful to prevent congenital neural tube defects in fetus during the future pregnancy. Please continue your folvite tablet as advised.
The problem of cough is separate, please consult the physician for it's cause and management. If you want, we can discuss it further on this forum.

I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you.