I am pale and veins are visible. Feeling heaviness in eyes. On bio natural hormone therapy. Concerned

At first I thought my left eye lid was starting to droop. For the last couple of months its felt heavy. I'm very pale and veins are visible. The are very protruded and throbbing over the eye lid and side (left side only).
I'm 50 year old female. 5'5 145. In perfect health. Weight lift and cardio 5x a week. On Bio Natural Hormone therapy is the only meds I take except for vitamins and natural supplements. Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, eyelid protrusion or swelling could be due to fluid build up or inflammation in the delicate tissues surrounding the eye. Swollen eyelids may also be referred to as puffy eyes or puffy eyelids. A variety of mild to serious diseases, disorders and conditions can lead to eyelid swelling. Swelling can result from infections, inflammation, trauma and malignancy (cancer). Depending on the cause, eyelid swelling can last for a short time and disappear quickly, such as when you have a mild allergic reaction to animal dander or dust. It may occur with other symptoms depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition. Like due to a blocked oil gland may not be accompanied by any other symptoms; whereas if due to a mild allergic reaction can be accompanied by sneezing and watery, itchy eyes. If it develops over time and occurs along with additional symptoms may be a sign of a more serious condition, such as hyperthyroidism or infection. Because eyelid swelling in general may be a sign of a serious condition, you should talk with your clinician about your symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks