I am overweight and type 2 diabetic.Getting excessive sweating. What treatment should I take?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
As many folks here on the web have said...neck sweats...for years - day and night...mostly day. Overweight, type 2 diabetes, RA factor. However, many friends overweight with type 2 that never sweat like this and swear there is something else wrong with me. I don't know where to turn or what to do. Help please?
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later
Excessive sweating can be caused by various reasons sometimes it is genetic or due to an underlying medical problem .
Diabetes won't usually cause excessive sweating though there are exceptions ( like autonomic dusfunction or gustatory sweating .)It's normally the medications that treat diabetes that can cause excessive sweating. Specifically, it's when hypoglycemia takes place, that excessive sweating may occur.
The other possibility is gustatory sweating. It's sweat that happens after eating food (especially spicy food) and it occurs on the side of the face, and up to the forehead, or down to the neck. It's a sign of advanced diabetes. Hyperhidrosis occurs in 70% of diabetics with kidney damage and 40% of diabetics with nerve damage. Treatment is harder for this case dependent and usually removal of cause or treatment with anticholinergics .
So please do not worry and do get yourself reevaluated by your physician to determine and confirm the cause of your hyperhydrosis .
Meanwhile you should avoid spicy or oily food and drink plenty of water for some relief. Many aluminum based prescription antiperspirants are available for temporary control.

Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.