I am overweight. Suggest a diet plan to reduce weight?

hi i am XXXXXXX i have been over weight my weight is 93 Kgs and height is 5.8 inches, i am planning to start dieting can you suggest me how can i decrease my weight
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query to us.
The two most effective way to lose weight are
• reduce the amount of calories you eat.
• increase your levels of activity.

Reduce your calorie intake -

Fat contains the most amount of calories out of all the food types (protein, carbohydrates), so a good way to achieve this is to cut down on fatty foods and eat more wholegrain bread, fruit and vegetables.
Below are ways to reduce calorie intake without having to alter your diet significantly.
• Replace fizzy drinks and fruit juice loaded with sugar with water,coconut water.
• Swap whole milk for semi-skimmed, or semi-skimmed for skimmed.
• Eat less lunch than usual. Decrease portion size of your food intake. Include salads in your diet before starting your meals. Salad make you feel full.
• Stop taking sugar in tea and coffee. Switch to green tea.
• Have smaller portions of the food you enjoy.
• Avoid having a second helping at dinner.
• Cut out unhealthy treats – such as sugary biscuits and crisps between meals.
• Cut down on alcohol intake.
All these things will influence your health in a positive way.
Finally & important don't skip breakfast – or any meal to lose weight. While skipping a meal will reduce your calorie intake for that hour, it will leave you much hungrier later on. Irregular eating habits disrupt body's metabolism, which makes it harder to lose weight .

Increase your activity levels
There are lots of ways to increase the amount of activity you do. Team sports, racket sports, aerobics classes, running, walking, swimming and cycling will all improve your fitness levels. Find something you enjoy that's easy for you to do in terms of location and cost. Every extra step you take helps. Always use the stairs instead of the lift, or get off the bus a stop before the usual one and walk the rest of the way.
I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any further question I will be happy to help you. Take care.