I am overweight. Noticed jaw pain and twitching temple after eating. How to get relief?

For the past 4 or 5 weeks I have noticed jaw pain (on 4 or 5 occasions) and my temple twitches. It's usually on the right side but sometimes on the left side as well. I've noticed that it usually only occurs after eating. I've tried to eliminate causes by eliminating foods, such as preservatives, etc. I do notice that it seems violent after eating something unhealthy (ie pizza or french fries). My diet currently consists of salads, eggs, chicken, low sodium natural foods, vegetables, etc. So I've been eating really well, but it still seems to be happening (just not as violent as when I eat poorly). I do drink coffee. I checked my blood pressure this morning and it was 130/70 prior to eating anything. And I know that I have a lot of stress in my life but I do try to manage it and take time to relax. I'd really like to know why my temple does this though because it's quite scary at times and I wish I knew how to avoid it. My eye was also twitching about two weeks ago (non-stop for about 4 days). But then it went away. I also have a lot of lower back pain (especially along my spine) and pain in my shoulders but guessing that has something to do with our daughter climbing in bed with us (I have to sleep funny) and the fact that I'm overweight.

I'm female, 29yrs old, and approx. 205lbs.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 14 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

With the history provided by you, it appears that twitching (occasionally with pain) at jaw and eyelids appear benign (harmless). I dont think your symptoms are due to a neurological disorder. The factors that are relevant to your illness are anxiety, panic attacks, excessive caffeine (coffee) and food habits.
Reducing your weight, limiting coffee intake, avoiding food with additives as well as preservatives and limiting your mental tension may be of immense help. Your doctor may give you anxiolytic drugs if above measures are insufficient to control your symptoms.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Dr. Pratap