I am not having periods even after taking primolut N. What should I do?

I used primulut n 5mg twice a day for 5 days but my period is not coming yet,please suggest me,I have a doughter of 3 yrs,now I don't want to concept.
I need the medication
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

In this situation Primolut-N cannot work. It seems that now you are probably pregnant as about 48 days passed after your LMP. Please get your serum beta HCG test done and an ultrasound of the pelvis done to rule out pregnancy.

You might have taken Emergency contraceptive pill after intercourse.

Consult your Gynecologist and get examined, if there is other cause, she will prescribe medicine. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.