I am having vertigo. Feeling tingling in legs, hands and arms, shakes and blurred vision. Any suggestion?

helpI have shakes vertigo. delayed. thinking. speech issues now my left hand feels like jello. I have had tingling n my legs feet and hands arms. trouble swallowing. at times and vision. blurred. plz help
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 3 hours later

I am a General Physician pursuing my carrier in the field of Neuro-psychiatry. I have gone through your concerns with diligence. I would be able to understand your problems if you can provide me with more information’s. So please do not mind in answering the following:

1.     What is your age?
2.     How long you have been suffering from these symptoms?
3.     Can you describe your speech, vision and swallowing problems in details?
4.     Do you have undergoes any neuro-imaging (CT/MRI scan of brain)?

I am waiting to help you.

Dr Sourav Ganguly
Follow-up: I am having vertigo. Feeling tingling in legs, hands and arms, shakes and blurred vision. Any suggestion? 30 minutes later
36 yrs old and for about 4 yrs just since july. the blurred. vision. I had a really. bad bout of vertigo. lasted a wk after that I cant. seem to regain. strength. my speech. was slurred. I was so worn out. I couldn't. speak. heat seems. to worsen. I get choked on food even soft food like. pudding. its like. I swallow. an forget what to do. been treated. for vettgio n 2008 but no MRI or anything. I do have. close. family. with ms that's my fear
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 13 hours later
Your symptoms complexes of blurred vision, dysphagia, slurred speech, vertigo, forgetfulness are characteristic features of multiple sclerosis. So you have to rule out the disease first.
You need to do an urgent MRI scan of brain and spine to see evidence of demyelination, Cerebrospinal fluid examination to see oligoclonal band.
So please consult a neurologist as early as possible, test to be done for proper diagnosis and follow his advice for further management.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.
Wish you good health.
Dr Sourav Ganguly