I am having trouble with my bowels and colon .

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am having trouble with my bowels and colon. I have polyps even though a large one was removed about a year ago. I have bowel movements 3 or 4 times a day and after a few minutes, it starts seeping out; it burns badly and there are spots of blood. I sometimes have uncontrollable diarrhea.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chnage in bowel habits could be a sign of colorectal pathology.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
Was a biopsy done after removing the polyp?
Change in bowel habits post polypectomy could be suggestive of colorectal carcinoma or polyp being malignant.Seeping of stools can be due to rectal incontinence.Sometimes as a result of invasive surgical procedure nerves supplying anal canal and sphincter are effected causing incompetent contraction of sphincter leading to seepage of stools.
I would suggest you to go for digital rectal examination by a MD.Sphincteric contaction and muscle power would be examined by inserting fingers in rectum.
Digital and proctoscopic examination should be done to rule out the cause of fecal incontinence bleeding etc.
Was biopsy of polyp normal?

Please revert back with answer.
Waiting!
Regards.