I am having pain in my back and upper abdomen

Gastroenterologist
Question
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Proper clinical evaluation should be done.

Detailed Answer:

I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below.
Initially i would say that clinical examination by a doctor is must and baseline tests like ultrasound should be done.
Pain in upper abdomen radiating to the back might be due to many conditions .If nature of pain is spasmodic in nature an antispasmodic like Dicyclomine hydrochloride can help. Specific problems that might cause the pain you are having are-
Gastritis usually present with pain abdomen which is radiated to back.Gastritis causes inflammation in gut which causes pain in upper abdomen.Usually taking antacid formation medicine like Pantoprazole 40 mg on empty stomach reduces this pain.
Such a pain might also occur due to stones in gall bladder and will be known by doing ultrasound scan.
Pancreatitis might also cause this kind of pain.
Suggestions-
Ultrasound abdomen must be done along with clinical examination by a doctor.

Hope i was helpful.
Regards!