I am having oily skin. What surgery is needed to fix my nose?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
I want to fix my nose , do i have to do a segury ? What can i do to fix my nose and lool smaller , (i have oily skin)
I would to ask you what surgery do i need to do on my face to look good

Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query on Health care magic
Fixing your nose is a very non specific issue .Firstly i would like to know your age and sex .Also kindly let me know what is the exact problem with your nose ?I could not understand whether you wish your nose to look smaller, if yes then in what dimension ? or wanted that your face age looks younger.The best would be if you can email your pictures to me.
I will still tell you what generally you need out of what i have gathered from your query.
The procedure is a surgery known as Rhinoplasty or nose reshaping in which your plastic surgeon can make hump over the nose disappear, the broad nose look finer and thinner by osteotomy , raise the tip of the nose , narrow the transverse dimension of the alae or edges of nostril of nose , make the top of the nose smooth , make nose less or more projected ahead of the face, correct the saddle or depression in dorsum of nose .
The procedure is usually done under general anesthesia or local anesthesia depending upon the choice of the surgeon and the patient.
It may be done with open approach , semi open or closed approach according to which your sutures may come inside the nose or externally in the middle of the columella or part between your two nostrils which hardly leaves any scarring.
Once the procedure is done the nose is packed from within with XXXXXXX splints /packs and externally with moulds / external splints for a week to 10 days .
The surgery takes around 1 to 2 hours depending upon what exactly needs to be done.The procedure for deviated septal correction known as septoplasty may be added to the procedure of rhinoplasty.
There may be some complications & risks
-Bleeding / Hematoma
-Nasal obstruction
-Failure to resolve coexisting sinus infections
-Chronic nasal drainage or excessive dryness or crusting of the nose
-The cosmetic result is not satisfactory and possible need for revision surgery.
-Failure to resolve associated "sinus or nasal" headaches.
-Damage to the eye and associated structures (rare).
-Permanent numbness of the upper teeth, palate, or face.
-Prolonged pain
-impaired healing
-Septal perforation (a permanent hole inside the nose between the two sides).
These complications do not occur in most of the cases but rarely do happen.

I hope i have given you a fair idea about the procedure and related issues.Though i can be more specific if i see your picture or know your exact concern which i have asked you previously .If you wish to know more kindly repost your followup and if you are satisfied with my answer , Kindly accept it
God Bless
Dr Mayank Singh
Consultant Plastic , Cosmetic ,Hair Transplant & Laser Surgeon
New Delhi