I am having herpes. Not cured by aciclover treatment. How to get cured?

have been told i have herpes, have been given aciclover treatment 3 times now and its no better had it for aprox 2 monthes
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
There is no cure for the herpes simplex virus and treatment is not essential, as an outbreak of genital herpes will usually clear up by itself. A doctor may however prescribe a course of antiviral tablets to reduce the severity of an outbreak. The antiviral tablets work by preventing the herpes simplex virus from multiplying.
Once the initial outbreak of herpes is over, the virus hides away in the nerve fibres adjacent to the infection site, where it remains dormant, causing no symptoms. It is possible for the dormant virus to be 'reactivated' in some people, in which case it travels back down the nerve to the skin surface.
Recurrences of genital herpes vary from person to person in frequency. Some will never experience an outbreak again, whilst others may have milder recurrences more than 6 times a year. Because these recurrent infections are milder, they often do not require treatment.
It would be nice if you mention the symptoms which you are suffering, so that it can help in diagnosing whether you have herpes simplex or zoster but the treatment for both are same.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: I am having herpes. Not cured by aciclover treatment. How to get cured? 8 hours later
my symptom are vaginal sores one on the outside which almost seems to go through to the inside which looks like a white blister inside but outside its a red sore, they are very uncomfortable as anything i where rubs and it wont heal up
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 18 hours later
Good to hear from you.
As mentioned above there is no exact time frame, as an outbreak of genital herpes will usually clear up by itself. I advice you to follow the instruction given by the given by the consulting physician.
You can confirm the diagnosis by PCR test.
I advice you to avoid excessive heat or sunlight, which makes the irritation more uncomfortable, not use perfumed or antibacterial soaps, feminine deodorant, or douches, wear comfortable, loose fitting cotton clothing.
Suppressive therapy has been shown to decrease the frequency of genital herpes recurrences by 70%-80% in those who have frequent recurrences, so i advice you to see dermatologist for examination and exact diagnosis.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.