I am having a very scanty flow. Pregnancy test negative. What are the complications?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Sir,
I am married, i am nt pregnant. i had my last period but it was less discharge as before, and this time also it is less. I have tested pregnancy test, it was -ve. Please suggest me.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Scanty flow during periods is called hypomenorrhea.
It can occur due to causes like:
Anemia.
Poly cystic ovary disease.
Thyroid hormonal abnormalities.
Changes in diet and/or exercises leading to weight changes.
Stress and strain.
Recent illness etc
These causes by affecting hormonal balance lead to hypomenorrhea.
As you took emergency pill which contains high dose of hormones that may also be one reason for your scanty flow.
So you better consult gynecologist once and undergo a physical examination, ultrasound, blood test for hemoglobin, if needed thyroid profile.
With this primary workup the possible cause for your problem can be make out and treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: I am having a very scanty flow. Pregnancy test negative. What are the complications? 6 hours later
Thanks mam,

But is it XXXXXXX for ovary infection?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later
Usually these conditions are not XXXXXXX
By early and proper treatment most of these conditions can be cured and the normal functioning of ovary can be regained.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.