Ask a Dentist   »  

I am getting mouth ulcer very frequently. What treatment should be done?

I get mouthulcer very frequently.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Ulcers in the mouth when recurrent are termed aphthous ulcers.
These ulcers are known to recur and are very painful with white base and red inflamed edges.
They are frequently associated with chronic constipation, deranged liver function, Iron and vitamin deficiencies and poor oral hygiene.
So you should take lots of fluid and fibre containing diets like whole wheat flour chapatis and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and fruits. If still constipated then take laxatives to produce at least one soft motion a day.
Also take a multivitamin supplement in the supervision of your physician.
You should improve the oral health, brush twice a day and do chlorhexidine mouth gargles thrice a day and avoid eating any edibles during ensuing 2 hours to ensure good germicidal effect of chlorhexidine; Do warm saline gargles after you take anything orally.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.