I am facing early ejaculation problem. Why?

I am facing early ejaculation problem.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later
From the symptoms, it looks like you have the problem of premature ejaculation and at your age, the most common cause is a psychological reason. It can be caused by psychological factors like hesitation, anxiety and feelings of guilt during masturbation.

Try the following treatment measures:

a. Kegel’s exercises will help in strengthening the muscles. In this you need to contract the muscle that you use when you need to hold back urine or stools. Contract-Hold and Relax. This needs to be done repeatedly.
b. Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during masturbation.
c. Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation, stop stroking and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.
d. If the symptoms persist, then SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like dapoxetine may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.
Although there are other medical causes of premature ejaculation but from your symptoms these seem unlikely. These include abnormal hormone levels, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.
You may need to undergo certain medical tests like blood sugar levels for diabetes, serum thyroid stimulating hormone levels (serum TSH levels) and free thyroxine levels(FT4 levels) and hormonal assay to completely rule them out if after the above mentioned measures, the symptoms of premature ejaculation persist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.