I am experiencing extreme chills and muscle spasms. Normally I

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I am experiencing extreme chills and muscle spasms. Normally I have restless legs, but these spasms affect my whole body. I have not been able to get warm, even with hot packs applied. I took a new medicine for restless legs several days ago, Pramipexole 0.125 MG. My doctor prescribed 1 to 3 tablets for restless legs. The problems appeared to begin when I took three tablets AND, out with friends, drank two-thirds of a glass of red wine. I stopped taking Pramipexole two days ago. I took Hydrocodone-Acetaminephsn 5-325 instead (which is what I usually take for restless legs). The symptoms (severe chills, shaking, spasms in my legs, hips, and trunk, are a little better, but I still feel wobbly and have been unable to sleep given these symptoms.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please visit the ER

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Extreme Chills with Muscle Spams and not getting warm even with Hot Packs can occur in
(1) Parasitosis in Blood
(2) Urinary Tract Infection

Both of these cases require a visit to ER as you need to give Blood and Urine for Intestigation

Please visit an ER at the earliest

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno