Ask a Urologist   »  

I am diabetic patient. Foreskin getting cracked and feeling dryness. How to get cured?

Hello, i am 27 years old married guy, from few weeks i am facing a problem that end of my forskin getting cracked and feeling dryness. Am a diabetic patient too since last one year. how can i get healed from that... i really worried about this. please reply me.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 17 minutes later

The first and foremost reason for this could be diabetes. I hope it is under well control.

In case of high sugar this is very common. The skin gets cracked due to dryness and infection.

In general please do following which should help.

1. Maintain good local hygiene.
2. During sex, please use condom for some time to avoid dryness and stretching of skin.
3. Keep blood sugar under control
4. You can try applying any moisturizer over it.
5. Do not try to forcibly retract the foreskin.

Above all, consult your family doctor or general surgeon once and do get your self examined. Infection if any needs to be treated and you might be cured with treatment.

I hope this helps. Please write again if you have something more to ask.

Follow-up: I am diabetic patient. Foreskin getting cracked and feeling dryness. How to get cured? 23 hours later
Thank you very much
I will take into account the advice given by you.

Will you please suggest me any antiseptic cream to get it heal soon. So that i can use when i go out or in office. That will be great helpful.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from you once again.

There is no need for antiseptic cream .If it is due to infection you need regular prescription antibiotic cream for a stipulated time.

In the absence of infection you just apply any cream to prevent the skin from drying.