I am diabetic. On glucored forte. Should I continue the same medicine? What are the side effects?

Sir. i m a diabetic n my dad too was a diabetic. My age is 43 now n i was diagnosed diabetic 4 yrs ago. My height is 5'8" n weight 97 kg. I m taking tab Glucored forte one tab daily before b/fast for last 2 years. Sugar levels remain in between 150 to 220. Should i continue the same medicine or pl suggest a good one. I m afraid of any side effects also.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 36 minutes later
Keeping your sugar levels uncontrolled is going to be very bad for you.
Uncontrolled diabetes results in micro and macrovascular complications later on.
These complications can result in damage to your eyes,kidney heart etc.
The medicine you are taking is good but the dose is proving to be inadequate.
You start taking this medicine twice a day and consult a doctor for the thorough check up of your kidney function test and cholesterol.
Get your blood sugar levels checked up every 15 days And remain under the guidance of your doctor.
Your weight is very high and must control it with diet modifications and exercises.
Medicines for diabetes never remain the same for the patient and the requirement and doses will keep changing.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.