I am diabetic. Is it safe to take Oxy Elite Pro?

I work out 5 days a week and run twice a day. I am a diabetic and want to take Oxy Elite Pro. Is it safe? I used to take Hydroxycut and it did not affect my medications.
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 3 hours later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Oxy elite pro contains 6 main ingredients including dimethylamyamine XXXXXXX
In April 2012, the FDA wrote to the manufacturing company about this particular ingredient. They were concerned that this ingredient can narrow blood vessels resulting in increased cardiovascular resistance which ,in turn, may result in an increase in blood pressure.
At present there is a law suit pending over this ingredient.

There may not be a significant increase in your blood pressure with this medication and you may not have any side effects, but in light of your diabetes, you may want to consider visiting your doctor prior to starting.This would allow him/her to perform a general exam and check your blood pressure before the medication so that a baseline BP can be documented to determine if it affects you by checking subsequent readings.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions