I am diabetic. Checked for liver. Prescribed zevit, udiliv 300 mg and evion 400 mg. Is it safe?

General Surgeon
Hi I am 59 yrs of age --recently I have been checked for liver. USG indicates ==liver normal in size (14.6 cm) and shows coarse ecotexture. No intra and extra hepatic biliary duct dilatation. No focal lesion is seen. portal vein and CBD are normal in course and calibre. ARFI techniques mean velocity 1.85 m/s. MNy reports are ---Ferritin 56.9; Bilirubin total 0.9; Total protein 8.6 gm/dl; albumin 4.7; Globulin 3.9; SGOT 37; SGPT 37; Gamma GT 42; Alk Phos 108; Serum creatinine 0.9; Lactate dehydrogenase 402; iron binding capacity 343; Cholesterol 203; Triglyceride 131; HDL 32; LDL 151 VLDL 20; Choleterol/HDLC ratio 6.3; HBsAg -nonreactive; Anti HCV nonreactive; Ceruloplasmimn 27.7;Blood picture --normall. My doctor prewscribed me Zevit, Udiliv 300 mg and Evion 400 mg---is this the right medication for me --I am having diabetes but is now controlled by Glyciphage SR 500 BD
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 19 minutes later

Have gone through your reports and they look perfectly normal. Only disease you seem to be carrying is diabetes which you said is well controlled on Glyciphage. I don't see a reason why you should be on any other medication other than that..

Zevit is multivitamin and Zinc, you can take thaat for general well being but as such not indicated in your case..
Udiliv is for draining excess bile out of liver which in your case not indicated.
Check with your doctor the reason for prescribing these, he might be having some reason which your reports do not suggest.
Feel free to ask any more question.. Take care

Dr. Rajat Gupta
Follow-up: I am diabetic. Checked for liver. Prescribed zevit, udiliv 300 mg and evion 400 mg. Is it safe? 10 hours later
Dr. has suggested me Udiliv as my liver USG is giving coarse ecotexture---may be fatty liver--
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 6 hours later

For fatty liver, I would recommend you to take fat free diet. This would amount to restricting oil, ghee, excessive sugar and red meat from your diet. Don't worry you and your liver is absolutely fine. Avoiding fat and taking your antidiabetic drugs is enough for you.
Do ask if you have some more queries.

Dr. Rajat Gupta