I am depressed. How to bring positive attitude in life?

How to bring positive attitude in life. Work and constant job threat brings depression
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 2 hours later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

To bring a positive attitude and to get rid of work blues, you need to learn stress management.
Stress management is basically 5-step process.
1) Self observation:
Try to maintain a diary of daily observations on self regarding particular stressful events.
It should include
a) Events preceding the events
b) Your reaction
C) The effects of your reaction

2) Cognitive distortions: Identify the negative cognition in yourself. Maintain the list of it.

3) Generate the alternatives:
After identification of negative thoughts (cognition), select one of it, generate the positive alternatives for that particular one, and do trial and error with alternatives. Make a habit of changed positive alternatives. Go one by one for each negative thought.

4) Relaxation Techniques:
Yoga, Meditation, self-motivation, and breathing exercise are very good for relaxation.

5) Time management.
This is one of the most important steps to create positive attitude and prevention of Work stress.

Following steps are very useful for time management.
a) Maintain a diary of time spending pattern
b) Identify the priorities
c) Plan your time spending according to priorities
d) Action on your plan.

These are few basic steps to bring positive attitude and to prevent work blues and job stress.
You can join stress management workshop nearby you or may consult psychotherapist.

I hope I am able to address your concern.

Feel free in case if you have any queries.