Ask a Urologist   »  

I am circumcised. Have red spots on penis. Not cured by miconazole. What is the disease?

Jul 2016

Hello, for the past few months I have had 2 isolated red spots on the shaft of my penis right below the head that occasionally Peel or darken. I am circumsized. I have tried treating them with miconazole cream which seems to help but not heal the problem. Lately my stomach has also been hurting and I'm not sure if the two are related. Can you advise me as to what I may have? There has been little to no pain and no discharge.
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acquired infection of the Glans Penis. Will you kindly provide me some more information that will help me to diagnose your problem?
1) Did you have unprotected sex preceding you developed these spots on your penis?
2) Do you have any urinary symptoms?
3) Have you tested for STD?
Most likely these are due to bacterial infection of the Glans of the Penis (Balanitis).

You will benefit from simple antibiotics like Doxycycline. Please get it prescribed by your stomach problem, it is not related to this at all. It may be just hyperacidity and can be controlled with antacids like Pantaprozole.
Get prescription of these drugs from your family physician.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: I am circumcised. Have red spots on penis. Not cured by miconazole. What is the disease? 39 minutes later
Thank you for the good news, well as good as possible at least. Before I contracted it I had protected sex but unprotected oral sex, and the girl I was with actually bit my penis hard enough to draw blood. I imagine this is when I was infected. I have not had any urinary symptoms, nor have I had any abnormalities other than the flaky red spots. I am very relieved by your opinion and also relieved that my stomach issue is another separate problem. I will schedule an appointment ASAP to get everything back to normal! Regarding studs I have not been checked since this occurrence but will be at the appointment. Should I expect any permanent scarring from this? Thank you again so much Dr! I only paid for 2 follow ups so my next will be my last.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later

Thanks for your compliments.

There will not be any scarring after this wound heals up. You should be fine.

I will be glad to answer your next follow-up. But if you have no other queries, please close this discussion and review.