I am breastfeeding and detected with kidney stone. Will it be safe to take medicine?

Hi Doctor! Iam XXXXXXX. I have been detected with kidney stones in 5th month of my pregnancy. Now my child is 2.5 months old. I am breastfeeding him. Can i take any medication for kidney stones at this time? Does kidney stones effect my menstrual cycle?
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 12 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
There are hardly any medicine which can cure the kidney stones.
Rather you should avoid XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, onions, garlic and citrus fruits and take lots of fluids. The stones of the size you have mentioned are frequently formed and are flushed out.
Ayurvedic/Homeopathic medicines are not subjected to rigorous good quality trials so there safety status remains unknown regarding the safety during breast feeding.
Just try dietary modifications and flush therapy and get follow up abdominal ultrasound 3monthly.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.