I am allergic to sulphur. Developed itchy rash on both legs. Looking for cure

I have developed some rash on both my legs...I am allergic to sulphur and I was in Kerala waters last week. The rash is very very itchy...and is like 10-15 red sopts on lower part of my legs. Pls. help
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
thanks for using Health Care magic .

I would be pleased to answer your question

Your symptoms are suggestive of Acute Urticaria. This is usually caused by either an allergy to sulfur in the water or insect bites or some other allergy .
Many times it is not possible to find out the cause, however since most episodes of acute urticaria are self limited within 4-6 weeks of onset of symptoms, it is not imperative to do so. I would recommend taking Tablet Claritin 10 mg once or twice a day for 2 weeks + calamine lotion over the affected areas whenever symptoms occur and seeing whether they recur on stopping the medicine after 2 weeks. If they do then restart treatment for another four weeks and then stop and see. If they still recur then you will require some blood tests and will need to see a doctor in person.

Please note that if you have any lip swelling or difficulty in breathing you should see doctor right away.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries.
Please feel free to ask if you have any queries.