I am allergic to latex condoms. Noticed soreness and redness on perineum. How to get cured?

May 2013
Hi. I recently found out I am allergic to latex condoms. I plan on using non latex condoms but recently after sex my perineum is very sore and a little red. I think I know what is causing it. My boyfriend's penis has some scar tissue that sticks out a little from when he was surcumsized. This hits the vaginal part of my perineum during sex. Therefore, my perineum becomes really sore after sex. Is there anything I can do or ointments that can help the soreness?
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 55 minutes later

The measures you can take are:
Use non latex condoms as you said because this soreness and redness can also be due to sensitivity to latex condoms.
You can use female non latex condoms which will be more useful as they cover part of the perineum also.
You can use ointment soframycin which will help in reducing the inflammatory signs and also cure any possible bacterial infection. Better to use after testing for sensitivity.
You can try lubricant and analgesic like xylocaine jelly during intercourse which can help to some extent.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.