I am alcoholic. Taking 10 mg Zolfresh with alcohol. How can I get rid of this?

i m 62 years old regularliy drinking alcohal for last 35 years. I have been taking 10 mg Zolfresh alongwith alcohal for last18 months. Howcan iget rid off this
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 minutes later

You can reduce the Zolfresh on a tapering basis.Do continue the 10 mg for 10 days and reduce the dosage to 5mg for next month followed by 2.5 mg for the next 10days and stop finally.This will not cause any withdrawal symptoms.

This type of tapering the quantity of consumption also applies to quit the alcohol too.

With only one kidney working the abuse of these medications could be hazardous.

Please do ask if any doubts.

Wish you good health.