I am a female 55 years old and I do

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2016
Feb 2016
Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
I am a female 55 years old and I do a lot of running, swimming and cycling. I think do to the cycling I have developed a huge blood blister on my inner thigh. 2 inches long 1/2 inch wide. It it painful. I tried popping it a couple of times but this isn't helping. There is a lot of blood and puss. How can I get rid of this. I drain it and it comes back bigger then ever. Help....i'm too embarrased to go to the doctor.
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Lump
Follow-up: I am a female 55 years old and I do 3 minutes later
Just really wanting to know how to treat this without going to a doctor. Thank you

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information, post clear pictures if possible

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better for self treatment:
Since when is this present?
Is it present at the part which rubs over the seat or so? The exact location.
Please post the clear and focused photos - if possible obviously.
Any medications tried?
What sort of dressing material are you using?
Any medical problems or further information?

Awaiting for your feedback.

Follow-up: I am a female 55 years old and I do 15 hours later
Thank you kindly for your prompt response. This blister has been problematic for about 6 months. I have stopped riding my bike for up to a week to see if it clears at it doesn't. I have not tried any antibiotics just topical creams (neosporine) and ointments. I wonder if hydrogen peroxide might help? I haven't used any dressing or anything like that as it is in such an awkward place. When I have popped the blister I have tried a bandage but it won't stay on. I was able to take a photograph but I'm not sure how to send it from this site. Thanks

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As detailed.

Detailed Answer:
You can upload images/reports with the help of the 'Upload' feature available on the right side of your page. Alternatively you can send to YYYY@YYYY .
6 months is a long time to have a blister that gives blood and pus and is of a size of 2 by 1/2 inch. Routine blisters heal within a few weeks.
Awaiting for the photos.

Follow-up: I am a female 55 years old and I do 26 minutes later
Thank you for your follow up. I just sent a photo via email and I also send an uploaded photo....it doesn't look near as big as it is. I appreciate your help?

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
please re-send the photos.

Detailed Answer:
Awaiting for the photos.
Please send again.
Photos sometimes help for on-the-spot diagnosis.

Follow-up: I am a female 55 years old and I do 7 hours later
Attached photo

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to get a proper diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Since the problem is lasting for 6 months and still has causing the symptoms and discharge the most probable chance is this is an infected cyst and hence needs proper diagnosis as to the cause and management by surgical debridement if needed.
Please consult a General Surgeon for proper diagnosis and management.
Long standing lumps and cysts can not be managed at home, in fact should not be managed at home for want of proper diagnosis asap.
I hope this answer helps you for an early diagnosis and proper management.
Please give feedback.

Follow-up: I am a female 55 years old and I do 9 hours later
Thank you very much. I will follow through after my vacation and have this looked at. Kind regards

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation.

Detailed Answer:
Most welcome.
Please give feedback.

Kind regards