I am a CKD Stage III patient. My CKD was

Question
I am a CKD Stage III patient. My CKD was diagnosed in XXXXXXX 2014. My Creatinine varies between 1.5 to 1.9 mg/dl al along. Recently I found my Potassium has increased though within the normal limit. My Potassium al along varies between 3.8 to 4.2 mEq/L. Now I found it is 4.6 mEq/L. I am a mild hypertensive. Used to take telma 40 last 3 yrs to control my BP. Now I take telma 20 once a day. I don't find any reason for the rise of Potassium because I donot add any extra food item that contained Potassium. Kindly answer me the reason for slightly rise of Potassium in last two counts.

Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Renal failure

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Renal failure is the most common causes of decreased renal potassium excretion, thus leading to rise in the blood potassium levels. In other words, it indicates an worsening condition of your CKD.

Let me know if I could help further.